Starting your day off with a nutritious breakfast is about to get a whole
lot more fun thanks to this tasty recipe. Made with old-fashioned oatmeal,
fresh apples, walnuts, and a variety of flavorful spices, these oatmeal and
apple breakfast cookies are easy to eat on the go and are as nutritious as
they are delicious!
Oatmeal and Apple Breakfast Cookies
• 1 ½ cups of old-fashioned oatmeal
• ½ cup of whole grain flour
• ½ cup of ground flaxseed
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup of milk
• 1/3 cup of molasses
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1 medium apple (peeled, cored, and chopped into bite-size pieces)
• ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl (ingredients #1 through
In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (ingredients #9 through
Slowly stir the wet into the dry ingredients until fully combined, be sure
to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the diced apples (and walnuts if you choose).
Scoop out batter evenly on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each
cookie. Gently press batter to flatten slightly.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, cool in pan.
Nutritional Information (for entire recipe):