close
News

U.S. Marshals offering additional cash reward for information leading to arrest of Roxborough mass shooting suspect


The U.S. Marshals Service has stepped in to offer a cash reward for any information on an at-large teenager in connection to the fatal Roxborough High School shooting.

On Monday, the law enforcement agency announced with the PA Crimestoppers that it was offering $5,000 for assistance in arresting 16-year-old Dayron Burney-Thorn.

A warrant for the arrest of Burney-Thorn was issued on Oct. 4 as the first suspect in the deadly shooting at Roxborough High School that killed 14-year Nicolas Elizalde and injured four other teenagers outside of the high school’s football field on Sept. 27. Elizalde, who played junior varsity football for Roxborough High is not believed to be the intended target.

Burney-Thorn, who has been described as armed and dangerous, is wanted for murder, multiple accounts of attempted murder, criminal conspiracy, gun charges, and related offenses. His description lists him as 6 feet 3 in height and weighing 215 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. 


Related: 15-year-old wanted for Roxborough High School shooting now in police custody


As video footage surfaced, PPD identified six people as suspects. There were five shooters who got out of a vehicle and began spraying at least 60 bullets in the direction of a group of football players. Police are also charging the getaway driver. 

Burney-Thorne’s role in the shooting is not known.

In a briefing following the shooting, PPD Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said, “we know who you are, we will find you, and we will take you into custody.”

So far, three additional suspects have been taken into custody.

Yaaseen Bivens was arrested on Oct. 12 for his involvement in the shooting and faces charges of murder. A receipt for gun ammunition found in the vehicle associated with the crime had his name on it, linking the 21-year-old to the incident. PPD Deputy Chief Frank Vanore said it did not take long to put to and too together because Bivens is a felon and not legally able to purchase bullets.

Another teenager, Zyheid Jones, was arrested on Oct. 13. Jones, a 17-year-old, was charged with murder, aggravated assault, and related charges.

On Monday, a third suspect surrendered himself to police. Troy Fletcher, 15, was identified by police as a suspect last week and gave himself up to homicide detectives for his connection to the shooting. He also faces murder charges.

With three suspects in custody and a fourth at large, there are still two unidentified people involved in the shooting.

The PPD is offering a $45,000 reward of its own for any information that helps lead to arrest in connection to the shooting.

Tips can be called into PA Crimestoppers at 1-800-4PA-TIPS or submitted online. Anyone with information is also asked to call 911, or to contact the police with an anonymous tip by calling or texting (215) 686-8477.





Source link